The generic agent is a nice feature of OTRS to automate ticket handling. But sadly as a default only the admin group is allowed to modify it. Here you will learn how to configure it to be accessible to other users.
Your knowledge prerequisites to this article
- How to change and deploy Setting in System Configuration
- How to create Groups and Roles
- all steps from Allow non-Admins access Admin-menu in OTRS / Znuny / OTOBO
Allowing Generic Agent to be accessible to non-admins
The configuration system is separated into basically to parts.
- Who can access the Admin menu/area
- Who can access a module like Generic Agent
For the following steps In this article you need to execute this steps in Allow non-Admins access Admin-menu in OTRS / Znuny / OTOBO first!
These steps are mandatory for this article!
Configure access to the module Generic Agent
Now you need to allow the permissions for the Generic Agent module and UI-navigational part.
- open menu Admin
- click on System Configuration in Section Administration
- search here for the configuration value Frontend::NavigationModule###AdminGenericAgent
- now add in the block “Group” a new row on the same level as the “admin” group already added there, with your group name Grp_Admin_GenericAgent-createModify
- repeat the same for the other groups too
Do the same steps for the configuration value Frontend::Module###AdminGenericAgent