The generic agent is a nice feature of OTRS to automate ticket handling. But sadly as a default only the admin group is allowed to modify it. Here you will learn how to configure it to be accessible to other users.
Your knowledge prerequisites to this article
- How to change and deploy Setting in System Configuration
- How to create Groups and Roles
Create a new group for the Generic Agent
Open the Group administration UI https://<yourOtrsUrl>/index.pl?Action=AdminGroup
- open menu Admin
- click on Group in Section Users, Groups & Roles (on OTRS Agent Management)
- click on Add Group
- add a new group Grp_Admin_GenericAgent-createEdit with validity valid
- assign a non admin user to these new groups
Now you should assign this group Grp_Admin_GenericAgent-createEdit to a new role Role_PowerUserAdmin_GenericAgent and assign this Role to your wished users.
General and module permissions
The configuration system is separated into basically to parts.
- Who can access the Admin menu/area
- Who can access a module like Generic Agent
Configure access to Admin menu/area
You first need to allow your new created group to access the Admin section at all. This section contains all the Admin Modules. One of the Modules is the Generic Agent and will be explained in the later chapter.
Make Admin menu visible to group
With this settings you are enabling the Menu Admin to display for additional groups (beside of default “admin”)
Make Admin Frontend/UI accessible to group
This allows access to the Frontend Admin section, which includes Menu and UI
Configure Generic Agent access to group
Add the same access to the Group
To allow the usage of the module Generic Agent, add the same Group also to this setting